Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sparkle!

Wishing I had a proper design wall for this one. The t-shirt quilt is coming along. Alison Glass' Handcrafted line is a lot of fun and I think it is a fairly good match with the Melody Millers and Kaffe Fassetts. 

I finished making blocks and laid them all out, but this first attempt has me feeling "meah." I think there are too many mustangs and jacks. I'm thinking I'll save some of the overall lighter blocks for the back and make some additional darker blocks.

This shot is mid-rearranging, hence a few blank spaces. Olivia in particular I find a bit hard on the eyeballs. What do you think?


And some old time - I've been meaning to do this for like 2 years - I'm going to rip the plastic bag off the frame of this IKEA laundry basket (I think you can still get this laundry basket for basically nothing at IKEA) and make a new bag for it. I'll make it detachable (velcro? buttons?) so I can wash it. I don't think it's ever going to be a very sexy laundry basket, but it's light and compact - it's a keeper in my book.


 Step 1: Buy fabric.... check.



I'm not really a selvedge lover, but I kind of dig this one. Maybe I can do something with it... 
Who doesn't want a laundry basket with a little bling?

On the back-to-work front; day 2 is complete. I'm busy already at my job. For some reason my to-do pile didn't shrink while I was on leave. Bummer.

For now, it's worth it to spend half the night getting the kids' and our own stuff ready for the morning and all set out. Breakfast, clothes, diapers, lunches, coffee. I'm supposed to be doing that now :D When I get more efficient at that stuff, maybe I can start to squeeze in some evening crafty fun.

Thanks to all those who visited for the blog hop and especially to those who left comments!

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great. Just re-arrange the blocks that you have too many of. Great idea for the laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am in love with your quilt and I can't find anything wrong with it. I cannot wait to see this in person. I am making a quilt right now with AG handcrafted and Kaffe is my all time favourite and Melody Miller is my new fave so you can see why I love your quilt. That Sparkle canvas is pretty awesome too. did you get that locally or online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the sparkle canvas online from Hawthorne Threads. Hopefully I'll have either a t-shirt quilt top or a laundry bag to show for the next meeting!?!

      Delete